3 Home Improvement Ideas For Spring In Honolulu, HI
Leo Tolstoy said, “Spring is the time of plans and projects.” If you’re like me, every spring you want to open your windows and clean out the cobwebs so that your home looks its best.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in Honolulu to give your home a fresh start.
1. Do A Spring Checkup For Energy Efficiency And Safety
Spring is a great time to check that your home’s systems are working properly for the the upcoming summer months. Here’s a list of some of the things you should inspect every spring in Honolulu:
- HVAC System. Run a test on your air conditioning system to make sure it’s ready for the coming summer heat. Swap out your furnace and air conditioning filters so that your HVAC system is energy efficient. Some HVAC companies provide this service for a small cost.
- Smoke Detectors. Test your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms to keep your home and loved ones safe. Put new batteries in your alarms every spring and fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Check the caulking around doors, windows, and kitchen and bathroom fixtures for cracks. Fix the caulking if needed. Put in window treatments, including plantation shutters, to enhance the energy efficiency of your windows. Open and close every window to check that they can easily move.
2. Tackle The Dirt To See Your House Shine
The best way to make your house shine is with a deep clean. First, declutter your rooms to open up the space. After that, clean surfaces you don’t scrub weekly including floors, kitchen and bathroom walls, baseboards, and ceiling fans. Wipe your kitchen and bathroom fixtures until they shine. Vacuum your furniture and the area under and behind it as well.
Let in more light by cleaning your windows. Wipe down your screens and windows to get rid of smudges and dust. Clean your window treatments including shutters, draperies, and shades. You can clean your blinds with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Give Your Rooms a New Look By Redecorating
After you’re done with deep cleaning, you’re ready for the fun part: redecorating.
A simple way to redecorate your home is to find new ways to use things you already have. Rearrange your furniture to change the room’s look. Or you can shop your home, which means switching out the furniture and accessories you own between rooms. Bring in more color with fresh paint, colorful accent pillows, and plants.
If you want to give your room a new style, then check out our idea gallery for new ideas and inspiration. It’s brimming with photos of beautiful rooms and window treatments for all areas of your home. Once you’ve picked the style and color scheme you like, you can look for furniture, artwork, and accessories.
A simple update for your rooms is to bring in window treatments that complement yourcurrent furnishings and freshen up your home. You can pick from a variety of shutters including plantation shutters, reclaimed wood shutters, and barn door shutters in addition to blinds and shades.
Check Out More Design Tips
Explore our design tips for even more ideas for inspiration. And when you see a look and window treatment that you love, give us a call at 808-797-2004 or fill out the form below to set up a free in-home consultation. Our team will help you find the best window treatment to give your room a beautiful, fresh look this spring.